The US Supreme Court took a huge step for mankind today, by passing the law that turns same-sex marriage a reality.
Congratulations to everyone that is working hard to reduce, and eliminate, prejudice not only here but worldwide!
Love – in any of its expression – should always be celebrated and supported.
I have been waiting for a while to post this recipe and today sounded like a good opportunity.
You will need:
- 1/4 cup of corn syrup
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1 envelope of unflavored gelatin
- 1 box of flavoured gelatin (Cherry, Orange, Pineapple, Lime, Blueberry, Grapes – or any other 😉 )
- Lego-guys molds
What to do:
- Completely dissolve the corn syrup on the water.
- Add the unflavored gelatin and the flavoured gelatin and stir thoroughly, letting it rest for 2 minutes.
- Cook it in medium-low heat for approx. 10 minutes (the time may vary depending on the flavour… I really don’t know why), keep stirring it. Don’t let it come to boil!
- After getting a slightly creamy consistency, pour into molds and let it cool in the fridge.
- The deeper your mold the longer it will take to chill (but overall it is really fast)
- If the heat is too high, the mixture will burn (trust me… ).
- The gummies are a bit sticky… if you want them “unsticky” coat them with powdered sugar, castor sugar or pearl dust. But they will lose the awesome vitral glare.
- This recipe will work in virtually every silicone mold which can be a really nice way to put that extra wow on your cakes/cupcakes.
- This recipe give you 1 1/2 cup of liquid gummy syrup.